Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Told You So

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Back when I started training, and even throughout my training for the half, people would ask me every now and then if I was going to continue running. Without hesitation, I'd always say no. I'm not a runner, I'd say. It's just something to help me lose weight.

Well, here I am, not even a week after the half in Ogden, and I've already logged six miles in two days. No, it's not much, but the point is I'm still running.

Why???

I still can't say that I love to run. Sometimes when I'm out there, I'm feeling a little bit of sports asthma kick in, it's raining (as it was this morning) and I'm waiting for that runner's high to kick in (which, for some reason, it usually doesn't) and I think to myself, why am I doing this?

Then the same thing happens. Every. Single. Time. I sprint for the last quarter mile of my run, and I see that finish line again. Before, it was a figment of my imagination. But now...

Now, it's not just in my imagination. Now it's a memory. And I still get emotional. I still feel that same feeling I did when I crossed that finish line. A sense of accomplishment. A sense that, even though nobody ever told me I couldn't do it, sometimes I tried to tell myself I couldn't do it. And I did. And I still do, every time I run.

That's why I'm still running.

That, and it's a killer way to burn calories.

2 comments:

  1. I totally have a love/hate relationship with running. I've never been athletic at least not in the last 10 years or so, but through proper eating and running over the last 5 months I've been able to lose 85lbs. When I run I'm often just thinking, when will this be over, but on off days I kinda wish I could go for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy thats good work done keep it up. I also give some tips and reviews related to losing weight on my blog http://weightlooseit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete