Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekly Weigh In

Today was weigh-in day and I'm none too pleased. It's been almost two weeks since the marathon and I'm not doing a good job staying in the zone.

Starting Weight: 244 pounds
Last Week's Weight: 181.5
This Week's Goal: 181
This Week's Weight: 181.5
Difference: 0
Total Weight Lost Overall: 62.5

Since last Friday I've run 12 miles total. I played basketball on Tuesday and Thursday nights, although I didn't pick up my intensity as much as I usually do. My knees are hurting. My ankles hurt. I don't feel like working out most days.

I missed my weigh-in goal for the first time since December 31. That's over 5 months. That's discouraging to say the least.

How do you guys handle weeks like this? It's never fun not to lose weight when you're trying to reach a goal.

1 comment:

  1. Wow an almost 63lbs. loss? That is awesome! Congrats! I hear ya on being bummed on not exactly reaching a goal # when you wanted, but keep at it and I'm sure you will get the numbers you are looking for =)...Also it could be that the numbers didn't go down as much because you are gaining more muscle...Either way, you're doing great, and you are an inspiration! I was wondering... did you just start out running even at 244? & If so how long was it before you saw the numbers going down?

    http://lexximarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete